Sunday, May 10, 2009

White House Correspondents Dinner

Tonight was the White House Correspondents Dinner, which apparently is also known as the nerd prom. Per tradition, President Obama attended and did a bit of stand up comedy for the audience. This isn't the first time he's done a comedy routine, but I prefer him as a motivational speaker. He did have one line in particular that I loved about his relationship with adviser David Axelrod:

"David and I have been together for a long time ... When I think back to that day that I called Ax so many years ago and said, “You and I can do wonderful things together” and he said to me the same thing that partners all across America are saying to one and other right now: “Let’s go to Iowa and make it official.”

See the clip of his bit (the line above it at 4:15):



Between that line and the fabulous (and out and proud) Wanda Sykes also doing stand up, I'd say it was a good night for gay folk.

No comments:

Post a Comment