Thursday, July 2, 2009

Confession: I have a crush on Meghan McCain

This has been escalating for awhile now. It started when I read her plucky response to other less enlightened right wing female pundits when they criticized her (gorgeous) curves. Then I started seeing gays and lesbians I follow on Twitter re-tweeting her tweets supporting same-sex marriage and defending equal rights for all. Curious, I decided to follow her too and that just fueled the fire. I'm a sucker for a girly girl and fellow blonde who is both political and fashionable, compassionate and (a bit) silly. If she comes out as pro-choice - actually, just make that if she comes out in general - I'll ask her to marry me. (Too much? lol) Swoon.

Her photo shoot for the No H8 campaign sealed the deal though. She looks absolutely beautiful in this picture and it couldn't be for a better cause. And BTW, if anyone knows what nail polish she is wearing do tell cause I want it! If this is the future of the Republican party in the next decade (and god, I hope it is), it bodes extremely well for the gay rights movement. And for bringing young people to the party. And for ending the culture wars. And...okay, you get the point, it's a good thing.

So there it is, I have a full on crush on the lovely and talented Meghan McCain. My family would disown me if they knew (cause she's a Republican, not cause it's a girl crush - we're that kind of family) so I share my deep dark secret with you, blogosphere.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, and did I mention she has excellent taste in music? SHE LOVES GIRL IN A COMA! ::hits the floor::

    ReplyDelete